email: robey @ flaminglunchbox.net
Oregon State University
Masters in Mathematics August 2007 - Current
BS in Mathematics, minor in CS August 2001 - May 2003, August 2005 - May 2006
Oregon State University
Graduate Teaching Assistant August 2007 - December 2009
Center for Advanced Defense Studies
Researcher/Programmer May 2006 - August 2007
Involved in a variety of projects in many aspects. Management, research, design in areas relating to information sharing, security and algorithms.
Web Programmer June 2003 - August 2005
As Web Programmer at Denison University I was involved in many projects including application development, server maintenance and user support. I worked with other members of Web Services to provide Denison with a robust Web presence. Projects worked on include:
- myDenison - a portal for faculty, staff and students developed using uPortal
- Customized the XSLT processing chain that rendered both channels and final layouts.
- Created channels that used web services to collect and display content.
- Moved myDenison to https which required writing a proxy allowing only channel registered content to be accessed.
- Seshat - low level web document filtering
- Implemented XML and HTML filters to detect pages that did not meet requirements.
- Interfaced Seshat to preexisting secure file transfer protocols, including key based authentication.
- Carefully planned representation of data to implicitly enforce user rights and permissions.
- Presented Seshat at JASIG 2004 as a minimally invasive uPortal channel filter.
- Admissions Application - a reimplementation including regex input validation
- Created a simple format for declaring fields including regex filters.
- Rewrote Application using format to complete input validation.
- DocBook Publishing - creation and modification of XSLT stylesheets for generation of XHTML and PDF documents
- Wrote scripts to preprocess information from disparate sources into an XML format suitable for transformation.
- Customized XSLT to create DocBook XML based upon Denison standards.
- Developed methods of maintaining older revisions of documents while simultaneously generating new versions.
Student Employee November 2001 - May 2003
I held two positions as a student employee at Denison. The first was in Technical Support where I helped repair and troubleshoot problems that the helpdesk could not solve. The second was in Web Services where I worked with Denison departments and offices designing and creating web sites and utilities.
Consulting (temporary) November 2000 - current
My work for Eclectic Gardens included the setup and design of the website using Python, XSLT and Apache httpd on a FreeBSD server. I also developed a plant image database application in Java to organize photographs for use in catalogs and labels.
Integration March 2000 - May 2001
While working in Integration at Intel I worked with members of both Hardware and Software development groups to discover and solve problems that arose when software builds were placed on hardware prototypes.
I learn very quickly and am always excited about learning new technologies and methods. Listed are areas that I already have experience with. If you require specific knowledge that is not listed please inquire. I may have not listed it or will most certainly be willing to learn it.
- Programming Languages
- PowerPC Assembly
- Bash scripting
- Markup and Transformation
- Operating Systems
- MacOS X
- Web Security
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption/Signing
- Permissions Management
- Input Validation
- Hypersonic SQL
- Linear Algebra
- Multivariable Calculus
- Differential Forms
- Differential Equations
- Real and Complex Analysis
- Fourier Transforms
References are available upon request. Please contact robey @ flaminglunchbox.net .